How would the Dual Coding Theory change how you create PowerPoint presentations?

After listen to the boradcast, I learned that there are two ways of receiving information: Vision and Sound. The most effective way of present information to audience is to use both of the ways. I used to create PowerPoint presentations with a lot of words and less photos on the slides, during the presenation I will just repeat whats on the slides. This isn’t the best way since the audience will be overloaded with the text on the slides and the sound from me. For future I would consider using more visual information and only necessary captions. This way the audience will have the mix of sound and visional information.

Why are we talking about the concept of Flow in a class about online and multimedia learning?

The concept of Flow have a direct impact in learning. Studies have found that when a person is in the state of flow, he is more likely to have better performance at their tasks. In online and multimedia learning, many students including myself found studying online can be distracted easily by many outside elements. If we can understand the concept, we can help students to get in the state of Flow.